Nostalgia...

Nostalgia is a beautiful, warm, fuzzy and mushy emotion. The literal definition 'a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past' is apt. I have been feeling this lately. Nostalgic... 

Fortunately I have never been someone who wishes to relive the past. I always like to look ahead. I always wanted to grow up fast and was only interested in the future. Its also partially because I am not particularly fond of my childhood like others are. So there is no lure of going back to the beautiful innocent happy past. There isn't any.

But yes, I do love to think about old memories..the beautiful ones that remain etched in my heart. The ones that gave me either immense happiness or pain. The good and bad ones that taught me valuable lessons about life and enjoying the little things. 

Nostalgia - Source: themediaoctopus.com
I have always been a quite person who loves observing everything around. Not in an intrusive nosy way..but with genuine interest and in an appreciative way. I observe all the little details that people miss in a hurry and my mind captures it like a Polaroid photograph. And I feel like putting them in words and writing about them now.
 
Anything can trigger this feeling in me. The smell of rain, a familiar bus number, trinkets, a bridge, a song, a toy, a picture or a conversation.  Few very peculiar memories from my childhood, college life, houses that we lived in, my visit to Grand Mom's house, my aunt's house, holidays, neighbours, friends etc, stand out and I wish to write about them soon. 

Till then I will soak in this beautiful feeling which Richard Ford expressed well, “What was our life like? I almost don't remember now. Though I remember it, the space of time it occupied. And I remember it fondly.” <3 <3




Comments

Popular Posts