My 'What the Fu*k Moment'!

I ended my last post with this - "Something unexpected happened on the wedding day."

Here's what happened.


On 8th January Sunday, me and my brother take a cab and reach the venue. The hotel is grand, beautiful and all decked up. As the venue is huge, we walk in to find the section where my friend's reception was taking place. But we can't find it.


My brother goes to the help desk to enquire about the wedding reception. The man at the desk says there's no wedding scheduled for that night. As there are many hotels of the same name around the same area, I take the wedding card out to check the address. 


The address is correct. We are at the right place. I am confused. And hungry. And I had to pee badly. So I check the card again and read it slowly and carefully. 


What the hell!!! No no no no no....





I was at the right place but on the WRONG DAY!!!!! The wedding was a day before on Saturday 7th January. I went there all dressed with my poor brother with a wine bottle in my hand on Sunday!!!!!


I don't remember feeling that stupid and embarrassed ever in my life. I felt so bad for my brother, for wasting his time and for dragging him all the way on a wrong day. I felt bad for missing my friend's wedding who had invited me in person. 


What happened next, I'll reveal that in my next post. 







Comments

Popular Posts